'88 16v -- Hello!

Hello everyone. I am new to this mailing list, having just bought my first
Scirocco - an '88 16v. I LOVE IT! The handling is incredible, better than
my old '81 RX7, and the power is great. There are a few minor problems with
the car (sunroof doesn't open, A/C not working) but all in all I'm super
happy.

I have a dumb question for anyone who might know the answer: the A/C
doesn't blow cold at all, so I suspect it's not even getting power to turn
it on. The owner's manual mentions the A/C fuse is above the rest in the
fuses box, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where to find the air
conditioning fuse on an '88?

I also have an interesting story. The bleeper that chimes at you to close
door/fasten seatbelts/turn off lights, etc. was really annoying me, so I
pulled it out. Ahh, peace at last (and everything still seems to work). The
very next day I left my lights on at work and killed the battery! Oh, the
humiliation.

Thanks in advance for any help with the fuse thing.

(Sorry if this message gets posted twice. I'm using Compuserve for Internet
access now and it's kind of screwy.)

-CZ