'88 16V -- Hello!

Hello everyone. I am new to this mailing list, having just bought my first
Scirocco - an '88 16v. I LOVE IT! The handling is incredible, better than
my old '81 RX7, and the power is great. There are a few minor problems with
the car (sunroof doesn't open, A/C not working) but all in all I'm super
happy.

I have a dumb question for anyone who might know the answer: the A/C
doesn't blow cold at all, so I suspect it's not even getting power to turn
it on. The owner's manual mentions the A/C fuse is above the rest in the
fuses box, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where to find the air
conditioning fuse on an '88?

I also have an interesting story. The bleeper that chimes at you to close
door/fasten seatbelts/turn off lights, etc. was really annoying me, so I
pulled it out. Ahh, peace at last (and everything still seems to work). The
very next day I left my lights on at work and killed the battery! Oh, the
humiliation.

Thanks in advance for any help with the fuse thing.

-CZ