Re: Post Malabu Grand Prix report.... SD style..

     Malibu was a good warm up, but I had a yellow car and I must have
     looked like Ralph Schumacher, as it was a bitch to keep the back end
     from getting away. :)

     I told Potterman to take the red one (Ferrari), but it did'nt seem to
     work well for him.

     As for Meze, he had the home track advantage. ;)

     As for the Solo II Auto-X, Shawns car was a blast to drive, great 2nd
     gear accelleration.  Keeping in mind I have only Auto-X'd on 2 other
     occassions, as Shawn said I improved over 12 seconds between 1st and
     4th run, and did NOT finish last in the DSP class.

     I also had the pleasure of driving Pottermans car.  Ran like a raped
     ape.  I had 0 none, nada, in car time it when I was at the starting
     grid.  Off I went, had a hell of a time finding second gear, but ran a
     72.4 lap which was better than my 75.2 in Shawns car.  Then on my
     second run with Mike in the car I got sideways near the finish, and
     managed to still improve with a 72.1.  Not bad considering I had never
     driven the car before the race.

     >>Shawn said:
     >Well, anyways, Paul did nothing wrong to the car but since he's not
     >here anymore, I can blame him for it!
     >Ah, what a truly great weekend I had! Its been a while since ive had
     >this much fun. Its also very cool to spend time with a fellow VW
     >enthusiast such as Paul! Its kinda scarry how much he and I think
     >alike you know. You guys are in trouble!

     >(Well, at least I have more hair! <and only because he's cut most of
     >his off by choice..> Im gonna hear about this one!)

     Sure, blame me, but remeber I went easy on your tires...
     Also, I can vouch Shawn's car does 130mph without out even breathing
     too hard.

     You know what they say about balding guys though right?  It's from the
     wild ladies who keep our heads rubbing on the headboard at night...<G>

     -Paul
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
     87 Scirocco 16v
     87 Jetta GLi