Re: Scirocco-l CD

> This is a great idea!

exactly what i though

> I have most of the Kraftwerk stuff,  including THE MIX, which is a
> remix CD (Done by them) of their most popular stuff (Autobahn is
> awsome, almost 10 min long!).  I also have Yellow (flag).
> Who is going to master this CD? I have a studio at my disposal,
> with CD-R.  This is very illegal, but Shawn hasn't had any problems
> yet! ;).  I say we go for it.  Lets get a list of all the tracks that
> we want to be on there going

anyway you could get a wav of the song? and change it to mp3 or just
ftp it to me one night? I have a burner and 3 gigs of free space.

> (in no order yet)
>
> Trio  		        -Da da da
> Out of the ordinary     -Da da da Remix
> Kraftwerk		-Autobahn (Remix & original?)
> Yellow			-Flag (A few songs from this one)
> Cake			-he's going the distance

got em all but kraftwerk and the dadada remix.....also just snakked

Ramones..I wanna be sedated
Dave M..Crash into me
NiN..head like a hole (prsonal fav)
Ministry..Jesus Built my hotrod
Theme to mission impossible
Smashmouth..Walking on the sun (another recent fav of mine)

and of course.....anyone one you see below I prob have the whole CD
Trio..Dadada off VW site
orig Speed Racer TV theme song
Apex Twins..Speed Remix(as soon as I get it!)
Yello..Oh Yeah
NiN..Downward Spiral
Rush..Red barchetta
Rush..Tom Sawyer
Styx..Renegade
Styx..Come Sail Away
Green Day..basketcase
White Zom..More human than human
HoP..Jump around
Jethro Tull..Locomotive breath
Roxette..Looks
Offspring..Come out and Play
Red hot Chili peppers..Give it away
and some semi-dance..like C&C Music Fac., Real mcCoy

those are mostly my favs as I do own the CDs already but hate
carrying around 20 CD just to listen to 20 songs.

> [please add a song that you would like to be on the CD]

well, in this case..the person could choose what songs they wanted.
as long as the list isn't too outrageous and I have the songs.
I'm sure everyone has their 'favs' but I don't want to turn this into
a "hey Ryan will burn whatever compilation for you you want , dude!"
As burning a CD is a royal pain in the arse,and I don't have hours on
end to burn CDs all day long.

> I wouldn't bother with songs you find on the net,  a good 16 bit 44.1k
> audio file will run 10mb a min.  Anything lower than 16bit 44.1 will
> sound bad.  We will have to come up with a way to get all the songs,
> (digitally, not casset tapes)to the person who will be mastering the CD.
> Anyone have a DAT?

Well I hve 1 gig full  of .wavs as it is so far for this CD, plus
these MP3 format's that i'm downloading are actually really good
quality for only being 2-6 Megs..I'll convert them to .wav before the
burn. The dadada2.wav I got off the VW site is low quality,I need to
find  a 44  version.

I'd like to stil find and add....
Steve Vail..Surfing with an Alien
Eric Johnson..Cliffs of Dover
Sammy Hagar..I can't drive 55
and a few of the other weird ones VW has used that people have
mentined on the list.

basically just give me a little time,help me get the rest of the
"Must have..VW related songs" and I'll go from there.

Ryan

hrm on a scirocco note, loks like the wife just OK'd a new paint job
for my 16v! yay! Now I just need to find a hood, mount my new fenders
and get the car prepped for the pain shop to fix the dings and hit it
with a nice coat of Tornado Red. But it goes in monday to try to
straighten out my frame....