Re: Scirocco-l CD

Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> > This is a great idea!
>
> exactly what i though

<snip>

> anyway you could get a wav of the song? and change it to mp3 or just
> ftp it to me one night? I have a burner and 3 gigs of free space.

I may be able to mp3 it, but a good wav of the 10min song will run
about 100 mb (and I only have a 28.8 at the moment).  I have no
exp. with mp3, but would think it is screwin with the file somehow,
and will degrade the quality, but you have to tell me whats going
on with that.

> > Cake                  -he's going the distance
> >
> got em all but kraftwerk and the dadada remix.....also just snakked

<snip>

> those are mostly my favs as I do own the CDs already but hate
> carrying around 20 CD just to listen to 20 songs.
>
> > [please add a song that you would like to be on the CD]
>
> well, in this case..the person could choose what songs they wanted.
> as long as the list isn't too outrageous and I have the songs.
> I'm sure everyone has their 'favs' but I don't want to turn this into
> a "hey Ryan will burn whatever compilation for you you want , dude!"
> As burning a CD is a royal pain in the arse,and I don't have hours on
> end to burn CDs all day long.

I was shootin for a list of songs that everyone wants, then we could
vote or something on what the final list would be.  Why does it
take so long for you to burn a CD?  I have a 4x and it takes about
20-30 min.

> > I wouldn't bother with songs you find on the net,  a good 16 bit 44.1k

> Well I hve 1 gig full  of .wavs as it is so far for this CD, plus
> these MP3 format's that i'm downloading are actually really good
> quality for only being 2-6 Megs..I'll convert them to .wav before the
> burn. The dadada2.wav I got off the VW site is low quality,I need to
> find  a 44  version.

> basically just give me a little time,help me get the rest of the
> "Must have..VW related songs" and I'll go from there.

Well, the best way to get the songs to you would still be a DAT.
Do you have access to a DAT backup drive? (with audio capablities)
I could run it off then just Express mail the tape too you.

> Ryan
>
> hrm on a scirocco note, loks like the wife just OK'd a new paint job
> for my 16v! yay! Now I just need to find a hood, mount my new fenders
> and get the car prepped for the pain shop to fix the dings and hit it
> with a nice coat of Tornado Red. But it goes in monday to try to
> straighten out my frame....

Lucky!!

Later
Etrik