Body Kits?

I want to ask you guys for your opinions.

I have a stock 16V body kit that came off a wrecked rocco, so it is a
little rough with a couple of rips, but not too bad.
Should I be frugal and install it while fixing the bad parts, or should I
just save my pennys and buy a new Autobahn kit and install it?
Has anyone out there ever installed a stock body kit? If so what kind of
glue did you use? Do the Autobahn kits glue on as well?

Any opinion will be appreciated.

Todd J.
shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)