Re: only in europe-gearing q'-CLARIFICATION-

I wrote:

> > I stand by my original reply:

I still do.  Which was:

Then you wrote:

> I think you need to revise your estimate upward a bit.  The VR6 Passat only topped out at about 135-140 with 172hp.

I'm not talking about a VR6 Passat.

The current Audi A4 with the 190hp 5V V6 tops out at 128 ( governor
limited ).  If the car did not have a governor, and it would actually
hit the 6300rpm redline in 5th gear, it would only hit 146mph.  It hits
128 at 5500rpm that equals 42.96mph/1000rpm, which would equal approx
146mph at 6300.  The A4 is undoubtedly more aerodynamically efficient
than the passat, at least it looks like it is smoother.

O.K., one more time...approximately 160 hp from a Passat WITH THE RIGHT
GEARING AND NO SPEED LIMITER AND A LONG ENOUGH STRETCH OF ROAD WILL GET
YOU ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILES PER HOUR! What is so hard to understand?
Hopfully I have accounted for the major details aside from wind speed,
humidity, elevation, or the price of goat's milk in the Himalayas. Sorry
for the frustration.

What I'd REALLY like to see is Shawn's Scirocco going 172!  Now that
would be a Halloween treat!

ahem, Thank you,
Jim