Re: Fuel Mixture Plate

Brubaker, John wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I know we have spoken about this before, but I seem to have lost the
> line somewhere.  Anyway, I want to move to the larger fuel misture
> plate which is part of the fuel distributor assembly.  I currently
> have the stock assembly for the 1.6 liter EJ.  Which car(s) can I get
> the larger plate from?  Also, is this an easy bolt on or is there more
> involved with this?  I have already moved up to a 2" exhaust, empty
> cat and larger throttle body from the Audi 5000.
>
> Looking for any hp I can get (Paul, from the list, pointed out that I
> get about an extra three horsepower from the trailer hitch which is
> attached to my GTI - pretty easy mod)
>
> John
> 80 Scirocco S
> 85 GTI
>
> John

I know with the smaller airflow plate, my '82 Cabbie (I have no idea how
much it weighs, by the way) under full throttle, sucks the boot down
like its falling into a black hole, so I know I'm gonna get some power
out of the change to the larger one.

Jim
--
Jim Buck,
ES #99

Wheels for sale!
4-14"x6" rare all silver GTI "basket weave" rims, which I believe were
on 1985 GTI's   new condition except for 1 which has a very minor flat
spot.  $350
4-14"x6" Borbet type "C" rims, with VW centercaps, great condition $350
(look awesome on
all rabbits, jettas, sciroccos.