Re: No Power before 3k rmp

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 23:03:32 -0500 "Chief Administration Officer"
<cao@upper-cumberland.net> writes:
>I have just acquired a 1986 16v (1.8l I think). The engine has no
>power
>before 3,000 rpm.
>
>	My first thoughts tend to lead me to believe that there is a
>vacuum leek
>somewhere, but where? And how do I go about finding it? If that is it.
>Or
>can this be caused by something else?
>

>McKinley H. Tabor

I would go with your first thoughts, sounds like a bad vacuum leak. I
would check the rubber intake boot, on 16v Scirocco they tend to split,
sometimes on the bottom where you can't see it. I would take it off and
inspect it all over, bending it in different places to see if it is split
anywhere, you can ususally fix it with some good silicone.
But then again it could be a few hundred different things, let me know
what you find.
Hope this helps.

shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)