Re: differences between passat and Scirocco 16V exhaust??

On Mon, 13 May 1996 22:35:24 -0700 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:
>That subject isn't too clear.  What I mean to ask is: "Is there a
>difference between the exhaust manifold and downpipe of a 2.0 (I think
>it's a 16V) Passat, and a Scirocco 16V?"  Are they even remotely
>compatible?  My header is cracked once again, and I think that I may
>see
>a stock mani/donwpipe in my future.  All y'all keep on telling me to
>go
>back to the VW way....thanks
>
>jason
>87 16V

The 2.0 liter part doesn't matter, but the Passat part does. A Passat
down pipe and manifold won't fit a Scirocco, it is offset to the wrong
side and curves the wrong way.
Check out Techtonics Tuning in OR, they got some good deals on down
pipes, they even make a cheap factory style downpipe without the cat.

shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)
87 GTI G60
72 Baja Bug & Karmann Ghia