Re: only in europe-gearing q'-CLARIFICATION-

Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> I doubt his passat was 4000 lbs,

I looked it up, and both manual and auto trans 2.0 Passats weigh between
2,900 and 3,000 pounds. Sorry I said 4,000.

and i know a few 90hp sciroccos and rabbits than can hit 110 no sweat,

They can both hit 110, but I know there is a little sweat involved, and
both cars weigh about 2,300 pounds

>plus i'm sure his passat is even more aerodynamic than my scirocco, all >the corners were rounded, it looked like a bullet...

My Scirocco has about the same aerodynamic coefficient of drag as a
Passat.

>he said it was all in the gearing. and that there was no way he got >there any time fast, but he would eventually reach that speed. Im sure >with a tall enough gearing you can reach it, as a few people have replied as to be able to do just the same thing w/ a modified gear box.
>
> Ryan

I stand by my original reply:

150mph would take, in my estimation, around 160hp in a Passat.

--
Jim Buck,
ES #99

For sale!
4-14"x6" rare all silver GTI "basket weave" rims, which I believe were
on 1985 GTI's   new condition except for 1 which has a very minor flat
spot.  $350
4-14"x6" Borbet type "C" rims, with VW centercaps, great condition $350
(look awesome on
all rabbits, jettas, sciroccos.
4-14"x6" Machined aluminum "hammers", great and straight $200