Re: [tech] help removing bumper guard ticktape

At 09:24 PM 10/13/97 +0000, Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>hey for those of you that have already..whats the easiest way to
>remove the foamy sticky tape crap thats holding the door bumper black
>strip thingy onto the body? i want to remove that trim piece but that
>glue is sure hard to scrape off with the old fingernail
>
>also easiest way to remove pin striping?

I just did it a couple weeks ago.  Sam dilemma you're having, too.
Solution?  A HEAT GUN!  Peel off the strips, then take the heat gun and
warm the residue.  It will scrape off with a heavy cloth after it gets hot.
 Be careful to not hold the gun in one place for too long or you'll
actually bubble the paint.

Steve
Steve Theodore
#97782429