Crankcase Oil Baffles

        I have seen FAQs and posts here which describe an oil baffle that
     reduces oil getting to the air box during high RPMs or hard cornering
     (my greatest passions!).

        What I want to ask, since the other posts gave part numbers, cost
     and where to buy, and even a Technical Service Bulletin write up from
     '87, is how easy is this to install?

        Is it just a matter of dropping the oil pan and putting it in with
     a new gasket?

        I am dying to upgrade to this but want to be sure I am not
     confused.  What tripped me up is the ads from Autotech, etc. which
     fail to say these prevent oil from getting to the air box.  Their Oil
     pan baffles (which I assume is what we are talking about here, right?)
     are described as helping the oil pump do its job well.  Is that just
     another great reason for doing this?

        Thanks for any kick in the pants you can provide.

        STEVE

     '87 16V