VW Quantum coupe?

I know this really has nothing to do with sciroccos, but I was driving
home from school last week when I saw this car in my rear view mirror
that looked a little like a mk1 scirocco. As it went by me though I
was surprised to see the name Quantum on the hatch. Has anyone else
seen one of these? I know they made a sedan and a wagon but I never
heard of a two door Quantum. Does anyone have any info about this car?
I'm just curious as to what it's got. In case anyone hasn't seen one
it looks like a fatter, lumpier mk1 scirocco, that's the best I can do
to describe it :)

Greg............. red 88 16v