Re: A/C -- The Final Chapter(?)

> Yes, the infamous red dye :)
> Of course, you can only buy it in R134 these days.  I'm not sure what
> effect it would have mixing with the R12 in Jeff's system.  He is
> going to have to convert to it anyway...

Since when are "they" edicting that we must convert to r134a? Last month
I had new/recycled R12 put into my A/C when the compressor was replaced.
Today the issue is the cost of R12 vs. anything else and what the cost
might be next year if you need some more. (I'll admit that for some people
$30-$40/lb ($100/kg) is so high as to make it unaffordable and may be
considered unavailable.)  Reputable A/C places are going to charge in
the neighborhood of $500 to do a good R134a conversion.

So you pays your money and takes your choices.

Regards,
Bob Farrell