missing hose

found a vacumm outlet in my 8v 85 but there was no tube connected to
it????   i found it at a vacumm pump that is located in the left of the
car behind the engine, just below the hood.  there were two outlets the
top one connects to the right of the y connector that is feed by a tube
from the firewall and then goes out to the trottle control pump(turns out
that the hoses were cracked at the tip and were leaky....  replaced it and
the engine response was so much better!!!!!!) . the bottom outlet however
connects to nowhere?????????  also noticed a circuit connector that is not
plugged in, it is located below the y connector about halfway down to the
ground.....  looked all about inside the car but the was other vacumm
outlet or circuit connector unconnected....  it sure beats me where they
go........

also notice that there is a thin exhaust outlet that is not plugged.....
it is located just behind the engine where you fill the crankcase....  you
know what talking i am  about?????  it is a thin tubing that connects from
the intake manifold (i think?!?!?!?  could not find it anywhere in the
damn haynes) and goes up until the engine level.....  it looks like a
tubing for a dipstick......  does anyone knows what it is for????  what
will happen it is remains unplugged......  it took a plug from my gal's
passat and put it into my scirocco.......  it sure kept the car real
quiet........  it now has a real nice purr......  instead of the rattlely
sound before.......

alfred
1985 8v