Re: missing hose

     Man, your mail is tough to decipher, but here is what I make of what
     you are describing.

     Confirm electrical connections to things like the idle air stabalizer
     and O2 sensor, and knock sensor, but it sounds like the one electrical
     lead you describe is for a test harness for diagnostics.

     As for your vacuum lines, I hate to say it, but unless I could
     visually see it, I have to reccommend picking up the Bently Service
     Manual for the car which has diagrams showing connection points.

     The tube you described is a test pipe for emmisions etc.  This tube
     SHOULD BE plugged, or as it came from the factory with a rubber cap.
     I had one of these come off on a GTI I owned and it ran awful.  I
     capped it with a large rubber vacuum cap and hose clamp.

     Hope this helps,
     -Paul
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
     87 Scirocco 16v