Re: Various stuff for this weekend (long...so what!)

On Fri, 03 Oct 1997 21:32:23 -0500 Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> writes:

>>    if not I would stay with a thinner oil preferably a synthetic like
>> Mobil 1 If you go to a heavier oil before you really should  you
>actually shorten the life of the motor  as the heavier oil puts more
>>stress on the rings etc...

>Mobil 1 15w50 should be fine.  Flows like a 15, protects like a 50.
>--
>Jim Buck,
>ES #99

Exactly! 5w50 to 20w50 is the best thing for our motors, unless you live
where there is ice and you need a 10w30 or some weirdness like that.
(Sorry, can't realate to the cold climates and their needs.) Even so, use
that in the winter time and run the above weights in the summer months. I
run 5w50 synthetic in my Scirocco and the oil pressure is great no matter
what the oil temp is.
My .02 duckets.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and