Re: Various stuff for this weekend (long...so what!)

TheDude511@aol.com wrote:

> << scirocco-l@privateI.com >>
> Dude you better NOT !! let a Saturn smoke you or we'll get a posse up and
> come find you and confiscate your Scirocco from you !!!!   kiddin'
>      Oh yeah ....some advice on your oil changes    I would'nt go to a
> heavier oil unless you NEED to   there's no point    do you have oil fouled
> spark plugs?  do you have smoke shooting out of your tailpipe ??  or do you
> seem to consume oil more ??
>    if not  I would stay with a thinner oil   preferably a synthetic like
> Mobil 1
>     If you go to a heavier oil before you really should  you actually shorten
> the life of the motor  as the heavier oil puts more stress on the rings
> etc...

Mobil 1 15w50 should be fine.  Flows like a 15, protects like a 50.

--
Jim Buck,
ES #99

For sale!
4-14"x6" rare all silver GTI "basket weave" rims, which I believe were
on 1985 GTI's   new condition except for 1 which has a very minor flat
spot.  $350
4-14"x6" Borbet type "C" rims, with VW centercaps, great condition $350
(look awesome on
all rabbits, jettas, sciroccos.
4-14"x6" Machined aluminum "hammers", great and straight $200