Re: New 16V Website

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 07:09:53 -0800 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:

>	What I want to know is why, and I quote, "I've been told 200
>times that
>keyless entry] is impossible. Where there's a will (and a soaking wet
>Jason fumbling with a key) there's a way- even if it costs me more
>than
>my house. This admiration of gadgetry might upset the purists.
>
>jason (the other one)
>the mad bastard

I know this is going to the wrong person, kind of.  But anyway, here it
goes.

I have Keyless entry on my 82 rocco. I happened to use the actuators from
a Camaro, believe it or not.  They are a bit large and weren't the
easiest to configure, but they were FREE!  I know have some from a BMW
that I will probably try to replace the Camaro ones.  I have an UNGO
alarm, that locks and unlocks the doors for me. I had to make a small
relay board to do the switching, but it was not too difficult. There are
a few companies that make keyless entry kits, that should make it a lot
easier than what I did. I am currently working on solenoids to pop the
doors open for me, so I can shave the outer door handles, that should
confuse would-be thieves and look kind of cool.

Todd J.
shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)
87 GTI G60