Re: Removing Door Lock

Wayne Cressman wrote:

> A spring on my 86 16v driver's side door lock has failed or become
> disconnected, forcing me to manually open the lock actuating lever with a
> screwdriver before I can shut the door.  The door lock has two allen type
> screws but I'm having trouble unlocking these screws.  My Bentley manual
> appears to suggest that "The outside door handle must first be removed for
> access to the door lock cylinder".  Is this true, or do I just need a bigger
> allen wrench that will give me more leverage and some WD40?
>
> Regards,
> Wayne Cressman

I think the "door lock cylinder" they're referring to is the actual key
lock.  You know, the part with the tumblers and stuff that you stick the
key into.  The bigger allen wrench and WD40 sound like a good idea to
me...

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'82 diesel pickup
'69 baja Beetle (Yeah, a BUG!!!)
parts cars - '80 Rabbit diesel, '86 GTi, '87 16v Scirocco, '88 16v GTi
website - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm