RE: Insurance offer: what the better deal?

Greg wrote:

Here's the deal from my insurance co. (canadian bucks $1.00 US= 0.72
CAN)

Door number 1: Insurance co. totals my car. I get $4100 + 8%(tax)=
$4428
for a new car. The 16V I'm looking at is perfect but stock and is
$4500 +
8% = $4860

Door number 2: Insurance co.gives me $4100-$1066 (salvage for my car)
=
$3,034
I then would have my car plus $3,034 to undo the damage.

This is what I _know_ I need due to the thievery...list of parts.

My opinion is (if the numbers you are quoting are in U.S. bucks) is to
take Door #2.  I am also under the impression that you have other mods
done to your current 16v.  With three grand you can clean up the
problems you have and most probably have money leftover to play with.
 I make this decision based on the little info that I have.

Respectfully,

John
80 Scirocco S