rocco dash...

Message text written by Jason Brunberg
>This is a shout out to all European list members (i.e. Jeremy, Tommy,
Dirk, Arno, etc.).
        Since no one has yet to tell the rest of us North American members
if
the 92 Scirocco dashboard was redesigned, can you find out for us???  I
dunno about the rest of the people on the list, but I am really curious
about this.  I've got a buddy of mine that's going to the UK in January,
and if there's a different dash to be had (and I knock over that bank
around the corner), I just may have to get me one...

        Thanks in advance.

jason<

I am probaly going to Germany next month so I may get the answer.

First let me say that this book of mine has a typo or two in it.
Some of the charts show the 16v as a SOHC and we know it is a DOHC.
I would like to see a real 1992 Scirocco for my self. The dash change
could be just a stripe or a different shelf for all I know.

I think that any dash changes would only integrate safety upgrades
if a redesign were done so late in the life of a car. Most of the safety
upgrades usually result in destroying the design concept . I would not be
so quick to make the changes sight unseen. I personally have so little data
on the 1991 and 1992 Scirocco. The Scirocco models,  Scala and GT II,
 were not sent to the US.  July 1992 was the last month of production so
with only seven months of production there could not be that many cars
out there.

If I make it to Karmann this December I will ask them about this detail.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"