Re: rocco dash...

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, Sean Rabey wrote:

> Remember, they drive on the funny side over there.  I had troubles with

In England, yes they drive on the "funny" side, but not everywhere in
Europe.  A right hand drive Scirocco would be too cool!

> that, when i was there this summer.  I tried to get euro lights, but i had
> to find wrecker in the UK, that had lights from a scirocco originally from
> the continent.  So far they have found me two spots, and only one driving
> light.  They are still tracking down one more light for me.  i wouldn't do
> this again though.  very frustrating.

Not to burst your bubble, but if you are trying to get the euro lights
from England, don't.   Since they drive on the left side of the road, the
lighting pattern on the lights is different than for those on the right
side.  You will blind other drivers with the wrong lights.  A friend went
to England and a dealership ordered her euro-lights out of Germany to get
the correct lighting pattern.   While I love the looks of my euro lights,
I love the better lighting even more.   You can actually see the cutoff
line on the left side so you don't blind oncoming drivers.

Don't sacrifice style for safety...

Just a word of advice....

Greg :)

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

Member & Webmaster -- Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm