Velocity LSD install question

Hi,

   I have been looking over the install procedure for the Velocity stage II
shim kit, and am curious about a few things. I know Shawn and Mike Potter have
installed these before, so they may know, or maybe someone else here will
know the answers. The install procedure looks like it requires you to
completely remove the axles. Is this correct? It would seem to me that I
could leave them connected at the wheel, and just angle them out of the way
so that I can get in to install the shim kit. Are there any other shortcuts
that I can take in the install? And are there anythings I should watch out
for?

Thanks,
Brad Sheridan