Re:antidote to the 944? Not!

>944 S2?  Ever ridden in one?  Oh my gosh acceleration, handles incredible.
>Unreal car.  Heard the 944 Turbos are pretty schnitzen, too, and I'd guess
>you could do some pretty neat & inexpensive things to a 924 Turbo.

I ran hot laps (in my 16v) with 3 stock 944 Turbos this year and they ate
me for lunch.  "No shit" you say, but this is a fairly tight circuit (3
slow second gear turns) and the 944 is a big car w/leather, etc and my
semi-stripped rocco could barely keep up.  And on the straights it was
'buh-bye'.  The only thing which kept them from lapping me was their brakes
- they'd run 4 or 5 hot laps and then need 1 or 2 cool-downs to get their
brakes back.  I have a lot of respect for those cars now...