Re: scirocco: antidote to the 944

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997 11:06:02 -0700 Iain Mannix <mannix@privateI.com>
writes:

Yady, Yady, yah,  Etc.

>Mannix(that said, I'll never buy one - too much like a Trans Am for my
>tastes)

Way to go Mannix!  Very good point. I like the way you think

A good friend of mine who is a very devout VW (but not only VW) Fan, just
got a very nice and well maintained 87 944 Turbo.  He has already done a
lot of modifications and had no problems, but parts are very expensive.
He was lucky enough to come across a slightly wrecked 89 turbo, so he
bought it for parts, and used it to upgrade his.
It is very very very FAST!!!  It will easily blow away any street car I
have driven (and I have driven plenty, I worked for a few garages and
speed shops.)

Todd J.
shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)