scirocco: antidote to the 944

These hands have never gripped any wheel 'cept that of a VW. I gotta
confess tho' in my delirium for a couple of days last week I was seen
skulking around a porsche 924S for sale at a dealer-it was just too
painful to look at a MKII. Doing some research on the subject I came
across Caleb's porsche lemon page- jeez what a quick fix for those
foolish thoughts. Those watercooled porsches are the lamest excuse for a
sportcar. Read about some owner experiences- one of the most appalling
litanies of car woes you'll ever read, and it'll deepen your appreciation
for the scirocco. 944's blowing cylinder heads to bits for the mere
offense of driving through  puddles. $1700 clutches, Total arrogance of
porsche USA in acknowledging the most elementary design flaws.  Owners
describing their cars as "moneypit", or "evil piece of german crap" or
"we must destroy our porsches before they destroy us." I've never seen
anything remotely like that for sciroccos or even VW's in general. Thank
God the Wolfsburg boys know their ass from their elbow....
If anyone ever busts your chops with their
"porsche-there-is-no-substitute blather", they can pick the clue phone at:

http://www.ssimicro.com/~cbaltd/caleb/cpp.htm

Greg