Re: Timing Belt Quest.

Keep your car.

Since you've got an 8V, the engine should be OK!

You'll need to set the cam timing properly (i.e. you'll need that shop
manual)

You'll at least need a timing belt tensioner adjuster (Schley makes a
good one) - it's a fairly involved job - read the procedures in the
manual to see what's involved - i think you have to remove all the other
belts first (i did this in February - but my memory is a bit foggy now)
etc.
 . . . Mark
Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), previously 1981S (RIP), 1975TS, 1975