180km/h - 220km/h

> I just looked at a '79 rocco with air and the speedometer went all the
> way to 220 km/h! instead of the usual 180 km/h. Is this a special model
> European/American? It had no other distinguishing marks and looked very
> much like other Candian/American models, except that it had air
> conditioning.
>
> vagabond

Yeh that speedo was avalible in Canada but it was BIG money.
I think most Canadian models had them and some if not all European.
I have had one in my MK1 for a while now,  pretty cool item.  It's
funny to see passengers watch the speedo & say "your going 120 ?"
No No that's km/h.  I mean the car is fast...but... not "that'' fast,
120 in 3rd gear wouldn't that be nice :) It also is pretty cool when
your topping out 4th gear & the speedo isn't buried into the trip
recorder.

If any of you MK1 guy's want one I've got a couple that I will part
with.

Potterman
80 Scirocco S
Michael Potter