buying a 16V

Hello all. This is my first post here. Just had my beautiful 16V rocco
stolen in Toronto, the car theft capital of the galaxy. I'm looking to
replace it as soon as my insurance coughs up the money. A couple of
questions I'd appreciate advice on. Anyone in the Toronto area know of a
nice clean 16V for sale?
Also I have my eye on a very good one in excellent condition except for
one quirk. The paint is great except on the hood of the car where it is
dulled and seems oxidized. Opening the hood I saw that the paint on the
hood reinforcing struts is peeled and there is surface rust underneath.
Common occurrence or bad omen? I guess there are 4 possible reasons

1) the original paint job was flawed.
2) The engine was running way too hot
3) the heat/noise insulating material under the hood is flawed
4) its a 16V quirk

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Greg Schilhab

slowest cheesiest caveliar rental in canada Gag!