From: "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@phoenix.net>
To: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: cis questions
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 22:58:26 +0000

it's time for me to tap youze guyz vast knowledge of VWs. Again
it's my friend with the '86 Jetta 1.8l 8v 88HP motor. He thinks it's
fast..I want to show him fast. The engine has 150k so he's wanting
to drop a new, more powerful motor in. I was thinking of at best a
2.0L 8v, or at the least a 1.8L 8v from a scirocco. Now....what
engine codes should we be shopping for? We're going to do the swap
ourselves because I figured he could keep his cis setup as is and
just swap blocks. But a mechanic said the cis would do no good
on a different block...we'd have to get whatever fuel system goes
with the block we buy..ie cis-e or motronic.? is this right..also
what about t-body? anyone know if this is the small one? I will
put a call into the dealership and get the size of it..whats the
'small' size and what the 'large size' one and it was off an Audi
5000?? I forget. Thanks

Of course there are a lot of points to this..if we switch over to
cis-e from cis (though i have no idea what needs to be added)
he can then use a power-module, and a G-grind cam right? and
have the head ported and polished.

thanks for any ideas.
Ryan