Re:cis questions & TBODY

The Audi 5000 Throttle body DOES make a difference. +- (+10 HP) I got one off a
turbo, so it had some extra vacuum ports.  I plugged the extras with some brass
screws.  I'll mention again that the venturi in it makes a huge difference
too!  For ~$50 how can you go wrong?  That's only about $5 per horsepower for a
bolt on mod!

> I can only comment on your mechanic's dumb ass comment: " the cis would
> do no good on a different block.."
> Wrong: you can put any non-knocksensor block in that car. This would
> include any injected 8V scirocco engine, any cabriolet engine, any fox
> engine, etc. so long as it's not a 10:1 compression engine. You usually
> must use the existing intake manifold, etc.
>
> If you add the the knock sensor, you can put any 1.8 in it. And probably
> a 2liter too.
>
> As for the Tbody, I'm still not convinced this makes a material diff.
>  . . . Mark
> Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), previously 1981S (RIP), 1975TS, 1975

Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco
"http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"