Re: cis questions

> I can only comment on your mechanic's dumb ass comment: " the cis would
> do no good on a different block.."
> Wrong: you can put any non-knocksensor block in that car. This would
> include any injected 8V scirocco engine, any cabriolet engine, any fox
> engine, etc. so long as it's not a 10:1 compression engine. You usually
> must use the existing intake manifold, etc.
>
> If you add the the knock sensor, you can put any 1.8 in it. And probably
> a 2liter too.
>
> As for the Tbody, I'm still not convinced this makes a material diff.
>  . . . Mark

Yeah, I agree with what Mark said.  Unless you're trying to take advantage of
a specific injection/spark feature like a knock sensor or OXY sensor, then you
are pretty free to decide.  For cheapest and best 'bang-for-buck' get a JH
1.8 8.5:1 motor (no knock sensor required) and maybe deck the head a little
to drive the compression up to ~9:1.  With good gas this will probably still
not need a knock sensor equipped ignition.   You can do quite a bit to this
motor for more performance.

==Brett