Re: winter storage

I personally wouldn't worry about blocks.  That only applies if you
have nylon belt tires, which are rare these days.  The steel belts
are not effected by the long sits.  ( say that with a Pennsylvania
Dutch accent, once)
  As far as the fluids, make sure you have GOOD antifreeze.  I would
recommend changing the oil in the spring before you start it, in case
of condensation in the oil.
A cover will help keep the rain/snow/ice out of the rubber gaskets,
but may trap moisture under the tarp, so use a breathable car cover.
Hope this helps.

But why store it?  I love rompin in my Scirocco with the four studded
snows on it.  It is great to pass Jeeps and 4X4s in a good snow
storm.
Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA ex-Solo II Chairman
DSP 79 VW Scirocco- 94,96,97 DSP Regional Champ
86 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
79 VW Scirocco rusty bucket daily driver
phillyscca@enter.net
Safety First, Fun Second, Winning a distant Third