Re: Winter Storage

Here's what I did when I blew my transmission and it sat for 2 winters in
Wisconsin.  I had the luxury of a huge garage.  I first changed all the
fluids....oil, coolant, brake.   You don't want to just drain them. DO NOT
put the car on blocks.  What are you going to do  if you have a fire????
 It's not worth it.  I put the car on 2 donut spares and 2 reg size ones just
to protect my new tires.  I ran the car for about 30 minutes every 2 to 3
weeks.  I put a huge plastic tarp under my car to block moisture from the
cement (paranoid but why not).  I also covered it to keep the old man's wood
working dust off of her.  The car then spent her last 6 months witout a
transmission mounted inside....so I couldn't run it.  When I finally put the
replacement tranny in I took the valve cover off and pured oil all over the
cams....(paranoid again...but why not).   Despite a little click (UMMM 16V)
she was ok and the click went away in about 20 minutes.  Then I changed the
coolant again.  I've now put 28k on the car since January 1997.   No problems
whatsoever except a rear caliper and 2 blowouts------all my fault.
OR,you could just move South like I did. Salt?? NO no no no, no no no!!-Apu
DANMAY
8716VScirocco  83GTi
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87