Re: Scirocco Mk2 single wiper blade size

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 10:05:28 -0400 dogmatic <dharma@cocoloco.com> writes:

>> That  factory used a 19" blade, but that size is sometimes hard to
>> find,
>> so I would probably go with a 20". I use a 19" but I have mine
>> modified
>> to cover the whole windshield unlike the factory setup.
>>
>> Todd J.
>
>How did you do that Todd?
>
>--
>dharma

Well dharma,

I took the little acuating lever that connects the wiper motor to the
wiper transmission, the part that spins around, off and made my own
custom lever that is a little longer that the factory unit. It took some
trial and error but I finally got one made to the right length so that it
would make the wiper cover the right distance, from resting (parking)
point all the way over to the windshield rubber on the other side.  I
probably will switch to a 18 inch blade soon, because the 19" tends to
hit the rubber seal on the driver's side a little too much.
Does all this make any sense?  I hope so, cause I don't know how else to
explain it.

Todd J.
shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)