Re: Please assist me!

In a message dated 97-11-06 13:05:06 EST, gbaxter@valleybrook.com writes:

<< Usually) after the engine is warm, it will totally lose all power. I can
 floor it, and get the 'intake noise' that comes with the K&N but absolutely
 no power. It almost feels like I'm hitting the brake instead of the gas.
 The thing that concerns me most is the fact that it comes and goes so
 irregularly. It seems to worsen if I floor it, but if I have a light foot
 on the gas, it sometimes will limp along. If it's floored, it might drop
 the RPMs to 1000 or lower, and then suddenly BAM! Hard acceleration, or
 even worse, bucking. >>

I had a friend that had a problem that sounds similar to yours.  The car
barely ran and he had to floor it to go anywhere.  Also his gas mileage
sucked.  What he found was an electrical connection going to a device on the
side of the fuel distributor had come loose.  I don't know what it
controlled.  It was a 2 wire snap on connector.  The first time it happened
was when I rear ended him(oops!) and the connector popped off from the
impact.  The second time was when he was hit from the side in the rear.  That
time the connector broke off completely.  I'd would look for any electrical
connector on the fuel distributor(and associated parts) and unplug/plug them.
 Also look for any of the same wires that maybe pinched or folded back.
 There maybe a internal break on a wire.

HTH, Good Luck.

-dick-
'78 Scirocco