Re: Door Handle

At 12:28 AM 11/6/97 -0600, you wrote:

>As cold weather hits, so do the problems.
>
>My driver's side door handle is inoperative, the little lever on the
>inside has finally worn down enough so it won't open the door latch.
>
>I've got a replacement, and have looked at it, and want to know if any of
>you can provide tips as to changing the lock/tumbler. It looks like I
>should be able to swap them no problem, but also looks like it could end
>up a little tricky...
>
>and I don't want to end up without a door handle for a couple of days as
>cold as it's getting.  We're already having snow, and it's only Iowa!
>
>~C
>
>--                                                                 --
>     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738

        If I remember right the tumblers just unscrew out of handle with a
nut on the back side.  Not really tricky..
        Use graphite power for lubing the tumblers, not WD40, etc.
        Grease any spots that contact/slide with one another at the release
latch and at the handle..

					DOM!
        1997 FCSCC EP CHAMPION------>	1980 VW Scirocco S in EP
					1979 VW Westfalia