Re: Door Handle

> >As cold weather hits, so do the problems.
> >
> >My driver's side door handle is inoperative, the little lever on the
> >inside has finally worn down enough so it won't open the door latch.
> >

> >and I don't want to end up without a door handle for a couple of days as
> >cold as it's getting.  We're already having snow, and it's only Iowa!
> >
> >~C
> >
> >--                                                                 --
> >     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
>
>         If I remember right the tumblers just unscrew out of handle with a
> nut on the back side.  Not really tricky..
>         Use graphite power for lubing the tumblers, not WD40, etc.
>         Grease any spots that contact/slide with one another at the release
> latch and at the handle..

This may sound a little odd, but someone once recommended that I use automatic
transmission fluid to lube automobile lock parts, not necessarily the lock
tumblers, graphite is still probably best there, but the other moving parts.
My wife's Passat was having trouble with sticking door handles, they pull out
and don't have a trigger mechanism like the Scirocco's.  I applied very small
amounts of ATF to a few surfaces and the problem has been gone for a year.
I'm a believer... ;-)

==Brett