Rocco heater core anyone?

Hi folks,
anyone do a heater core on their Rocco.  Mine (my '82) was leaking while
traveling out of town so I tried some stopleak.  It stopped the leak,
but just about blocked the core altogether, too.  That was many years and
a few radiators ago.  Now I'm getting a little tired of substandard heat.

Rather than spend all day taking out the dash to get at the heater core
housing, I thought of taking a shortcut.  I looks like the heater core
could be pulled out (near the gas pedal), if a small piece was cut out of
the housing.  A replacement piece with sealer could be installed after
replacing the core.

I'd like to try it, but I don't know if there are any fasteners that I
still would not be able to get to.  Bentley is not much help in this
area.
TIA,
Rob.