Dumb questions for the day

DQ #1:

OK, I'm tired of being the only person who doesn't know.  So what exactly
are fog lights, driving lights, and cornering lights?  If I want to fill in
some of the dark areas between my car and the region illuminated by my
headlights which is the one to get?

DQ #2:

	What is the proper etiquette for flashing the high beams on the
road?  Are you supposed to flash the lights at the car ahead of you to
signal them to move over or to tell them that you are going to go around
them?  I guess it would depend on which lanes the cars are in when this
happens?  I've also seen it used and have used it myself to signal to
someone in an adjacent lane who has the blinkers on that it is OK to move
into my lane.  I'm talking about the U.S. in case that makes a diff.

Thanks all, benton------