Re: NOS article

On Wed, 05 Nov 1997 17:20:41 -0800 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:

>I'd hate myself if I left this alone, so I'll say it.  I think my car
>does it in about 7.0-7.1(whatever it is, it's a very low 7).  I say this
>cuz my car runs the quarter-mile in about 15.5sec.  That's with a
>swiss-cheesed airbox, no cat, and a busted header.  Other than that, my
>car is bone stock, and since just about everyone has told me that any
>gains with a header on the 16V are minimal, than I'd have to say that my
>car is still pretty close to stock.  What's the deal?

Heres the deal, stoopid. Not all cars will perform exactly like what the
manufacture says it will. Some cars come from the factory with a little
better everything, and some come out testing the limits of our lemon
laws. Its just a matter of being lucky or not as to which car you happen
to get. (That and what kind of previous owner the car has as to whether
or not it got taken care of or if it got thrashed for its first few years
of life.)
In addition to this, not all cars will perform like the factory says it
will. Look at some of the porsche specs. Well below what any dyno shops
or road test magazine finds the car can do and that's for a reason.
(insurance of all things) Its too bad our Scirocco's don't have this
underpowered specs like some Porsche's have but I cant complain much
about it. Im still kinda stunned to find ive got 117hp to the crank in my
90hp rated motor with only the few DSP legal things ive done to it. Maybe
I just lucked out and got a good motor to begin with and the mild rebuild
job unleashed a few more ponies? Who knows for sure but im happy for the
results I have got. Sounds like you are too!

>Just so's you knows, I'm a troll and am trying to start something. I
can't read
>but was told that VW purposely stated that the car's performance times
were less
>than what they really were.  I dunno why, but I believe it cuz im
stoopid!

>jason
>the mad bastard

HA-HA!!

<My best imitation of the fat kid on the simpsons>

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and