Re: NOS article

Brett VanSprewenburg wrote:

> > > << Nitrous runs took almost 3 seconds off 0-60 runs, but was hampered by less
> > >  then optimal rubber on the car. >>
> >
> >       You know, I think that that's a bit much to believe.  Does NOS actually
> > affect the 16V lump that much?  The cars run about a 7.5sec 0-60 as it
> > is, so if these units can take off three seconds, then sign me up!  I
> > will rob old ladies to get this system in my car!
> >
> > you know who it is...
> >

> To be more accurate...the car wasn't a Scirocco 16v, it was an 87 GTI 16v.
> The stock Scirocco 16v runs 0-60 in 8 seconds flat (some say 7.9), the
> NOS upgrade took _almost_ 3 seconds off.

	I'd hate myself if I left this alone, so I'll say it.  I think my car
does it in about 7.0-7.1(whatever it is, it's a very low 7).  I say this
cuz my car runs the quarter-mile in about 15.5sec.  That's with a
swiss-cheesed airbox, no cat, and a busted header.  Other than that, my
car is bone stock, and since just about everyone has told me that any
gains with a header on the 16V are minimal, than I'd have to say that my
car is still pretty close to stock.  What's the deal?

> Now, due to the less then
> ideal rubber on the GTI, I believe they were running about 8.5-8.9 0-60
> because of poor 'hook-up'.  It was like 2.6+ seconds off, which would
> put it right around 6 seconds.  Which is something you might expect when
> adding 50%+ more HP to your car. :-)  I left the issue at home today, but
> I can bring it in again tommorow if you need more information.  Not only
> that, but I can verify these numbers...(for myself too!)

	Just so's you knows, I'm not doing this to start anything.  I've read
that VW purposely stated that the car's performance times were less than
what they really were.  I dunno why, but I believe it.

jason
the mad bastard