Re: NOS article from 1988 VW&P

> > << Nitrous runs took almost 3 seconds off 0-60 runs, but was hampered by less
> >  then optimal rubber on the car. >>
>
> 	You know, I think that that's a bit much to believe.  Does NOS actually
> affect the 16V lump that much?  The cars run about a 7.5sec 0-60 as it
> is, so if these units can take off three seconds, then sign me up!  I
> will rob old ladies to get this system in my car!
>
> you know who it is...

To be more accurate...the car wasn't a Scirocco 16v, it was an 87 GTI 16v.
The stock Scirocco 16v runs 0-60 in 8 seconds flat (some say 7.9), the
NOS upgrade took _almost_ 3 seconds off.  Now, due to the less then
ideal rubber on the GTI, I believe they were running about 8.5-8.9 0-60
because of poor 'hook-up'.  It was like 2.6+ seconds off, which would
put it right around 6 seconds.  Which is something you might expect when
adding 50%+ more HP to your car. :-)  I left the issue at home today, but
I can bring it in again tommorow if you need more information.  Not only
that, but I can verify these numbers...(for myself too!)

==Brett