New Oil Pressure Guage

Greetings all,

I went ahead and hooked up a n-used oil pressure guage up to my 80
Scirocco S and sort of have a problem.  Here's the scenario:

I pulled the guage (kp/cm2 - any Europeans know the conversion to
PSI's for this one, or simply what the guage "should" read) and sender
from a 924 Porsche.  I installed the sender into the side of the head
where the original oil pressure switch was located and attached the
wire coming from the original switch to the "new" sender (the +
terminal).  I then ran a wire from the "G" terminal on the new sender
to the "G" terminal on the new oil pressure guage.  I installed the
new guage in place of the factory clock right next to the oil temp
guage.  I then simply attached the + wire and ground wire that was
attached to the factory clock to the + terminal and ground terminal of
the new oil pressure guage.

First question:  Is this the proper way to install this (I simply used
never before seen nor done this logic)?

This is what happens now that I have the new guage hooked up:

It seems that the gauge rises and lowers in direct relation to the
tach (sort of like a mini-tach).  Also, once the car warms up (over
175 degrees F), both my oil light and brake light (to the left of the
tach) come on once the idle drops below 1500 rpms (this did not occur
before the installation).

A slew of questions:

1)	Is my oil pressure bad?
2)	Does the sender seem faulty?
3)	Is it possible that I have a short in my line somewhere
4)	Any other ideas.

Otherwise the car is running great, thanks for any help.

John
80 Scirocco S