Re: fuse? -- HELP!

>On Mon, 3 Nov 1997 joshua14@juno.com wrote:
>
>> All right my fellow roccans let's play twenty (or more) questions:
>>
>> I was driving down the road going preparing for a medium left turn.
>In
>> preparation I downshifted into third gear (I was going 50mph) as I
>> journeyed further into the curve I slowly accelerated.  When I
>reached
>> the straight-away I floored the pedal sending the tach up to 5500
>rpm,
>> then something happened...a brilliant blue white light appeared
>> momentarily near my feet and the car died.  From this moment on I
>was
>> unable to start the car.  Plenty of juice from the battery (lots of
>> cranks), but it's like it's not getting any gas or something.  My
>poor
>> car is about a mile down the road from my house.  My poor baby is
>cold
>> and wet and and hasn't gone for it's morning jog.
>>
>> for the poor rocco's in the world :+{
>>
>> Joshua
>> 88 16v
>
>Sounds like you blew the fuel pump fuse....check your fuses, they fuel
>pump fuse is built into the fuel pump relay(at least on mine it
>is...)..

After work and went to look at it... since last night I didn't have a
flashlight and the trusty Bentley's manual.  It was the fuel pump fuse.
I didn't have any extra fuses so I just took the one from the emergency
flashers and wahlah it started right up like a good little Scirocco
should (rocco thanks you for all your concern and help)

Joshua