I'm getting a 16V engine, need help

I'm almost all saved up to get a new engine and I've decided to go
for a 16V.  I talked to a tuning place in Toronto and he says the
best way to go is the 1.8L because just putting a 2.0L bottom on isn't
the same as a whole 2.0L because of the different
injection/electronic system.  Besides, a 2.0 L would be nice 1.8 is a
nice place to start for my lightweight '81.
But the thing I need is the intake as the ones he has are for GTI and
come out on the wrong side.  If someone has one could the let me know
how much it would go for?  And what about a euro intake. would that
be unbeleivably expensive?
Time to do some SERIOUS upgrades here...
Ben