Re: ignition module

----------
> From: HOTGTX@aol.com
> To: scirocco-l@mantis.privatei.com
> Cc: UndrSteer@aol.com
> Subject: ignition module
> Date: Tuesday, May 27, 1997 6:40 PM
>
> Hello
>
> I need some help here.  Does anyone know the difference between ignition
> modules used on Vw's 81-85 or so. I'm talking about the 7 pin connector
> mounted to the heat sink in the tray below the windshield.  My 85
scirocco
> has my old departed 84 GTI engine in it.  The part numbers are
different.  my
> friends Rabbit also has a different part number.  Are these programable
some
> way?  Are they different?  One better than the other?  Any help will be
> appreciated!!!
>
> thanks
> dave
>
> 85 Scirocco

Dave, yes the part #'s are different because they have been superceeded
umpteen times by VW. They started out as 211-905-351 SS to 211-905-351-B
SS to 211-905-351-D & finally to 191-905-351-B witch comes with the heat
sink. They all will work on 80-89 cars the whole difference is in the
wiring. Different ignition systems for some reason use different pin #'s
to trigger the hall sender. One example is my 80 "S" that I put an 86 8v
GTI knock sensor ingition system into, all I did was use the plug from the
GTI with my stock ingition module & wala done deal. So if your trying to
trouble shoot & want to try your extra one, Go for it!!!!

Potterman
80 Scirocco "S"