Dishing out the beats

I made this poor sod in his Monte Carlo SS (circa 1985) look like a
complete twit last night.  We had a couple of runs at the lights in the
local Greek neighbourhood.  Y'know, half-assed spurts, hard off the
line, give up midway thru second gear, etc.  Anyways, the big one comes
up.  We both get a couple of seconds to set ourselves up right.  Only he
waited just a fraction too long.  As he is trying to do a brake-stand
(yep, twas automatic :P), the light turns green, and I leave him making
all sorts of noise @ the lights.  He could NOT catch me.
hahahahahahahah.  The best part of all this was the 10 or 15 Greek bad
bwoys coming out of the restaurant just in time to watch me dust this
guy off.  What a maroon!  I'm telling you, there's no way that I would
have been able to beat this guy if he knew how to drive, but those
well-fed gents on the sidewalk don't know that.  Hopefully they're all
out looking to pick up a Roc of their own now :).

	The adrenyline didn't wear off there, though.  Two seconds after that
thrashing, some other dude pulled up alongside with his spiffed 92 Civic
Si.  Omigod, it felt so good to pull from the word go.  Those are
nice-looking cars, but those sohc 16Vs are pitiful runners.  Ahhh, what
a great night.  And the best part of it was I had just finished watching
the Prodigy live in concert.  Hmmm, I'm gonna go look for someone to
dance with.  See ya'll later.

jason
87 16V(itching for a run)